xsl-list

RE: Immediately preceding-sibling

2003-10-21 09:41:19
Thanks everyone, this was just what I was looking for! I'm
not sure I understand the '[self::nospace]' part, though (the
rest is clear to me). Could anyone explain the 'grammar' for me?

self::nospace selects the context node if it is a nospace element, or
nothing if it is not. So its value is a set of zero or one nodes. When
used in a boolean context such as [], a node-set containing one node
evaluates to true and an empty node-set to false. So XXX[self::nospace]
returns those nodes in XXX that are nospace elements.

Michael Kay

Mick

owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] Michael Kay
20 oktober 2003 18:58
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
RE: [xsl] Immediately preceding-sibling

To test whether the immediately preceding element is a
nospace element, use

test="preceding-sibling::*[1][self::nospace]"

Michael Kay