xsl-list

RE: Copying XML file over using XSLT

2003-10-14 03:15:37
You can write:

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>

But if you want to copy the file unchanged, why do you need XSLT?

[I ask this question because the usual answer is "because I want to
change X", in which case the solution proposed above stops working]

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Navid M.
Sent: 14 October 2003 06:41
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Copying XML file over using XSLT

Hello,

Is there a short cut for copying all the content of my
XML file to an XHTML file using XSLT?

i.e. I want to create an XSLT file that will take the
content of an XML file and put it in another file
exactly as it appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
 Navid M.