xsl-list

RE: Replacing portion of element name

2003-11-25 05:13:26
Thanks, there is definitely a typo in my element name, it should be
<commander_s_tracked_station_list>.  You are right that Jim's rule will work
with the example given, but may alter other instances.  I may just have to
wait for XSL 2.0 (if it will have the capability I need), or use an
extension. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendell Piez [mailto:wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 3:43 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Replacing portion of element name

Note that in the solution,

<xsl:value-of select="substring-before($myvar1,' s')"/>'s<xsl:value-of
select="substring-after($myvar1,'s')"/>

An input string of the form

"An input string"

will come out (when $myvar1 is an apostrophe)

"An input'string"

This is why having a good tight set of rules is so important - Jim's rule
works for the sample given, but you need a rule that works for your data
(actual or potential).

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez