xsl-list

Re: Replacing portion of element name

2003-11-24 12:27:53
Eddie,

Can you articulate a logical rule whereby you know that the first underscore in the string "commander_s_ tracked_station_list" should be converted to an apostrophe, while the others should be converted to spaces? Your rule should be sufficiently general to work in all your cases.

Once you have articulated the logic you want to apply, it is reasonable to consider what code you need to implement it. Without understanding the logic, however, any code you write will work only by accident, if at all.

(And BTW, your example as provided isn't XML, so an XSLT processor isn't going to be able to process it at all, without help. I guess your actual element name doesn't have a space in it?)

Cheers,
Wendell