xsl-list

Re: Re: Can not convert #STRING to a NodeList! Error..

2003-11-08 12:53:49
I'm surprised at this explanation. XSLT 1.0 has no notion of the static
or compile-time type of a variable, all typing is done dynamically at
run-time. Declaring a default value for this parameter should make no
difference to anything unless the template is called without a
parameter.

The code we were shown looks perfectly OK to me.

Sorry, you're right.

I vaguely remember getting such kind of error for an xsl:param without a
default value that shows it's a node-set. This must have been long ago with
very old versions of the XSLT processors I use.

The code seems OK, maybe the OP is using exactly some old version of an XSLT
processor that behaved in this way?

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.