xsl-list

Re: Can not convert #STRING to a NodeList! Error..

2003-11-08 11:57:34
I guess, there is some problem with the way, you are
using/accessing xsl:key definition. Can you please
post the xsl:key definition, the source XML, and the
desired output?

I have experianced, that the error message "can not
convert #STRING to a NodeList" comes, when a value of
type *NodeList* was expected, and a *string value* is
provided in its place..

Regards,
Mukul

--- arun prasath <arunwaits(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hi,
In my XSL,
from the parent template I load a XML file using
document() function. and I
pass this as parameter to child templates.
<xsl:call-template name="main">
   <xsl:with-param name="labelsfile"
select="document('English.xml')"/>
</xsl:call-template>

In my child templates, I am retrieving using
    <xsl:param name="labelsfile"/>

I also have declared a key(xsl:key) in the importing
xml file in my xsl.
    <xsl:for-each select="$labelsfile">
        <xsl:value-of
select="key('label','ecollab.businessfollowedby')"
/>
    </xsl:for-each>

when I transform this using my java program, I get
the following exception.
Can not convert #STRING to a NodeList!

I want to know why we get this error usually.
please help
regards
s.arun prasath