xsl-list

RE: real XSLT performance

2004-01-27 17:25:11
It's a good idea to include something like

<xsl:comment>
  Generated by <xsl:value-of select="system-property('xsl:vendor')"/>
</xsl:comment>

in the head of your stylesheet, so you know which XSLT processor is
being invoked. You're not going to be able to solve any performance
problems until you know that basic information.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Zakon, Stuart
Sent: 27 January 2004 20:02
To: 'xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] real XSLT performance

I am using JAXP Templates for performance and getting
excellent results under the Resin servlet engine. It is
highly scalable with my stress tests going from 5 to 100
concurrent threads with several steps in between.

However, when I move the test over to WebSphere 5.1 and WSAD
5.1, it doesn't scale well beyond 5-10 concurrent threads.
Which XSLT engine does WAS 5.1 use? Does anybody know of a
high-performance XSLT engine for WebSphere?

Thanks,
S. Zakon

This e-mail message and any attachments contain confidential
information from Medco Health Solutions, Inc. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of
any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender
by reply message and then delete the electronic message and
any attachments.