xsl-list

RE: Schema-aware processors - W3C schemas only?

2004-02-28 16:51:38

I'm reasonably confident,
Oh good (I wasn't, but you're in a better position to know:-)
You might have gathered that I'm not the worlds biggest fan of Xpath 2
but I would like to see XSLT2 succeed (even if it is stuck with an
Xpath2 that's more or less like the current draft)

 no-one wants to be in the WD-xsl
position of having to support a draft that turned out not to be as final as
they thought it would be
The problem with that wasn't announcing or releasing test versions (xt,
saxon xalan nee lotusxsl all survived, more or less) it was releasing it
as a non-beta component of a piece of software that was then distributed
to 90% of the world's desktops...

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew