xsl-list

Re: XSLT vs Perl

2004-02-05 12:45:27
Michael,

I use many different tools, including XSLT, Lisp and Ruby,
but not just these tools. I do not feel passionately, or at all,
that I can design a better language, but it does not mean that I cannot
see that the language designed by W3C is designed poorly.

I am trying to achieve understanding of causes behind mistakes made
by the committee during design of XSLT 2.0, in order to be able
to avoid similar mistakes myself. What concerns me is that these
mistakes are being made for the last thirty years in many software
projects.

I'm not discussing  persons doing the job, just the job being done.

I see that you are taking it personally, which is sad.

No,

Mike asked specific questions, which you avoid to answer...

Dimitre Novatchev.