xsl-list

Re: XSLT vs Perl

2004-02-03 09:43:08
David,

Um, haven't you missed the whole point of OPEN SOURCE?

Why try to elevate one langauge over another?

The issue is how the DATA can best be conformed to the medium
necessary for its implementation!

Mike F.
Washington, DC

--- "Emmanuil Batsis (Manos)" <mbatsis(_at_)netsmart(_dot_)gr> wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for the tip earlier on xml-dev!

David Tolpin wrote:
I just think that XSLT 2.0 is very close to Perl, Python and
Ruby,
just not yet as mature. What's the need for one more language in
this family?

I'm not going to argue about the languages etc. The XML syntax is
an
advantage. XSLT can be manipulated using XML tools and
that is just wonderfull sometimes.

I guess one can build an XML vocabulary to port Perl (or any other
language, I've done it for ECMAScript) semantics in an XML syntax.
But
that would not be a standard now would it ;-)

--
Manos Batsis

http://www.netsmart.gr
mailto:mbatsisSPAM_TRAP(_at_)netsmart(_dot_)gr
tel:+302103240940
http://forte.netsmart.gr/foaf/manos_foaf.rdf

 XSL-List info and archive: