xsl-list

RE: XSLT vs Perl

2004-02-03 14:10:48

new Node("a",href=>value_of(../@code).".html",value_of("title"));

David Tolpin

Could I ask you what language this is written in and where I find its
semantics, please?

It is written in Perl, using an XML/XSLT/XPath module I was using internally
for my programs. It is valid perl, except for some typos.

I'm curious as to why the element name "a" is in quotes but the
attribute name "href" isn't, and why one of the XPath expressions

1) href is not in quotes because a word before => in perl can be used
without quotes.
2) ../@code is not in quotes because I have made a typo.

"title" is in quotes and the other one "../@code" isn't, and how you
create three nodes with only one call on "new". I would also be

Inside the call 'new Node', other nodes for the attribute and for character
data are created.

interested to see how this kind of language manages the static and
dynamic context.

In a way similar to XSLT. Are you interested in implementation details?

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/