xsl-list

RE: XSLT vs Perl

2004-02-03 22:50:31
From owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com  Wed Feb  4
03:12:24 2004
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT vs Perl
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:54:44 -0000

Are you interested in implementation details?

No, but I'm interested in the syntax and semantics of the language.

Any good book on Perl describes the language in detail. The
syntax used above is from a real module. A popular book
describing Perl is ISBN: 1-56592-149-6, Programming Perl by Wall,
Christiansen and Schwartz.

Again, I am not a proponent of Perl. That was just to show that
perl does XML transformation staff - with just appropriate library
modules - just as well as XSLT, but may be with less sharpness
than XSLT 1.0 and without reflection (stylesheets can be transformed
with XSLT 1.0, perl programs cannot); and it does the rest
better than XSLT 2.0.

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/