xsl-list

RE: XSLT vs Perl

2004-02-04 02:40:05
XML Schema is dead on arrival, always was dead.... it never
happened......so the W3C had a bad day, so what, lets get
over it and
use RELAX NG and move on, or at the very least translate to
XML Schema
at the last moment.

You have to be joking. Yes, I know the arguments against XSD.
But to say
it is dead with all the industry support, which *dwarfs* RNG,
is crazy.

Industry support aside, after 17 serious projects, with budgets ranging
from £15k to £785k, using XML technologies.... I have not used XML
Schema once commercially; perhaps I have auto generated some code from
external xml schemas, or converted an XML schema to RELAXNG, but that
was it.

....perhaps this is because I am always creating a certain type of
project....I just personally think XML schema never stuck, yes it has
inertia, yes every time I start architecting a new project I have every
intent to use it if I must....

Cheers, Jim Fuller