xsl-list

Re: Re: What is the future of XSL-FO

2004-03-01 06:48:52
Hi Kobayashi.

I have seen many open source tools and libraries that are great software, as
there are many which are very poor. Commercial tools trend to be good
software, but, like open source ones, there are many poor commercial
software out there too. Choosing either depends on many factors. In my
context, an open source library for XSL-FO to PDF conversion is wellcome
because the zero cost would enable it to be more easily accepted by the
company. But it don't discard the possibility of afford a commercial tool.

Cheers,

Celio Cidral Junior.

"Tokushige Kobayashi" <koba(_at_)antenna(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp> escreveu na mensagem
news:20040228094802(_dot_)22c15862%koba(_at_)antenna(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_)
reply ro the mail
From:C駘io Cidral Junior <ccidral(_at_)expresso(_dot_)com(_dot_)br>
Dated: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:32:55 -0300
Subject: [xsl] Re: What is the future of XSL-FO
---
This makes me happy. Now I can get rid of commercial reporting tools and
use some open source implementation (if I find one).
---

Modern society consist of many people who devide the role.
Some people produce your food, and the other people produce
cars for you. You must pay money to purchase your food,
sometimes you will be happy to pay money for a car.

Software is the outcome of software engineers. If you wish
to develop a good software, you must employ highly trained
engineer, and motivate them to produce good software.

In a short, it is natural to pay money for a good software
product in modern society. Or do you wish to go back a few
thousands year ago?

I admit open source is one method of software development
now, but it will be difficult to produce a good software
in a short time by open source development model in general.

Best regards,

Tokushige Kobayashi
Antenna House, Inc.
E-mail koba(_at_)antenna(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp
WWW    http://www.antenna.co.jp/
WWW    http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)
TEL    +81-3-3234-1361(direct call)
FAX    +81-3-3221-9975