xsl-list

RE: measuring bulk performance & turn around times of XSL t ransformations? ideas for: XML to XML, XML to HTML, XML to FO (then to P D F)

2004-04-28 09:21:53
About time measurements, an interesting article that talks about a way to do
it in .NET is:
http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/07/14/xsltperf.html

<prs/>

-----Original Message-----
From: SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)
[mailto:abhishek(_dot_)sanwal(_at_)hp(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 10:32 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] measuring bulk performance & turn around times of XSL t
ransformations? ideas for: XML to XML, XML to HTML, XML to FO (then to PD F)

More than a given processors performance I am interested in figuring out the
performance or efficiency of a certain XSL that has included N-number of
modular XSL files which internally have a bunch of templates etc.

Basically I am currently using .NET & MSXML 4.0. More than measuring the
XSLT engines performance, I am interested in ways that one can MAP metrics
around the following:
- the XML file that is fed into) and
- the nested XSLs that are used to transform this XML file (or XML files).

In essence, I want to be measuring the XSL efficiency versus the XSLT
processors efficiency.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Abhishek Sanwal