xsl-list

Re: Dynamical work with child nodes

2004-04-06 08:49:16
Hi Roland,
  Something like the following might be ok. The
structure just illustrates the concept.

<xsl:template match="/">
   <xsl:for-each select="root/rowset/row">
     <xsl:for-each select="*">
        <xsl:value-of select="name(.)" /> -
<xsl:value-of select="." />
     </xsl:for-each>
   </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

Regards,
Mukul

 --- Roland Juergens <roland_juergens(_at_)icon-scm(_dot_)com>
wrote: > Hi,

I have an XML file like this which contains results
from a database query.
Is there a way to go dynamically through the
subelements of my "row"
elements, because I want to use it for different
queries.
So the subelements like "id" or "name" might change.

<root>
      <rowset>
              <row>
                      <id>1</id>
                      <name>bla</name>
              </row>
              <row>
                      <id>2</id>
                      <name>blabla</name>
              </row>

              ...(more <row> elements)...

      </rowset>
</root>

This is how the xsl-file looks like now

<xsl:for-each select="root/rowset/row">
      <xsl:value-of select="id"/>
      <xsl:value-of select="name"/>
</xsl:for-each>

What I imagine is the following :
I want to get the number of subelements of a "row"
element, then iterate
over it to get the names, and then building it
dynamical.
Is something like that possible ?

Roland Juergens