xsl-list

Re: xslt 2.0, use case wanted.

2004-04-06 09:27:37
Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
At 8:33 AM +0100 4/6/04, David(_dot_)Pawson(_at_)rnib(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk
wrote:

The comparison I might make is the availability of the name of the
source file. Lots of people want it, and its only available as a
parameter to the stylesheet.

By source file, do you mean the name of the XSLT stylesheet or of
the input XML document being transformed?

In either case, there may not always be such a name. Both of these
can be provided as pure input streams or other non-named things.
However, if the thing is named I expect there's an accessor for the
base URI of a node somewhere that would give you what you want, at
least for the input document, if not the stylesheet.

Indeed, you can access the base URI for a node using the base-uri()
function in XPath 2.0. So if you want to know the filename for the
input document, you can do:

<xsl:variable name="input-uri" select="base-uri(/)" />

and if you want to know the filename for the stylesheet, you can do:

<xsl:variable name="stylesheet-uri" select="base-uri(doc(''))" />

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison