xsl-list

[xsl fo] xsl to a minimum / statements 'on the fly'

2004-05-14 05:47:48
(expecting my first mail didn't reach the list, apologizing if this is the second mail with the same question)

Hi all,

I'm rendering pdf's with fop and I would like to keep all my lines/files of
xsl to a minimum.

This means I put a lot of formatting information in my xml file, something like this:

<reportXML page-layout="portrait">
        <title> Hello world </title>
                           <block align="left">hello again</block>

Trying to keep xsl to a minimum also means it won't include hard-coded lines like:

 <fo:page-sequence master-reference="portrait">

My fo-statements (try to) use elements from the input xml, something like this:

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="<xsl:value-of select="$page_layout"/>">

As expectd, his statement won't work.

How to accomplisch this?

ps what (technically) works, is:

        <xsl:if test="@page-layout='portrait'">
                <fo:page-sequence master-reference="portrait">
                        <xsl:call-template name="continue"></xsl:call-template>
                </fo:page-sequence>
        </xsl:if>

        <xsl:if test="@page-layout='landscape'">
                <fo:page-sequence master-reference="landscape">
                        <xsl:call-template name="continue"></xsl:call-template>
                </fo:page-sequence>
        </xsl:if>

But this will overload my xsl file with if-statements (difficult to maintain)
because I have to use this mechanism a lot.

Thanks in advance,

mathieu van echtelt

Hotmail en Messenger on the move http://www.msn.nl/communicatie/smsdiensten/hotmailsmsv2/