xsl-list

RE: killing xslt

2004-05-14 05:47:11

<quote>In the decision to go with XQuery over XSLT 2.0, Mark
is right that
we felt that developers would prefer the familiar procedural model and
syntax of XQuery to the template based model and syntax of
XSLT 2.0. Most
developers working with XSLT try to use it as a procedural
language anyway,
and don't really harness the power of templates. </quote>

The thing I find really weird about that quote is the suggestion that XQuery
is somehow more procedural than XSLT. If he's trying to attract developers
who think that real languages have assignment statements, then he's
mis-selling his product.

Michael Kay