xsl-list

RE: What is the best approach for doing.....

2004-05-11 09:54:10

Now, I think that achieve this via the feedback I have had so far.
[M. David Peterson] Ok. So moving forward from the original documents
converted over...

I suppose what I want to know is once the XSLT has been transformed
into
XHTML and then edited by a user, is there any way to use XSL to parse
the
XHTML to check/update the references.
[M. David Peterson] Will the user be updating the raw XHTML?  Or will
you be providing an application interface or a form that they will
submit with changes to just the paragraph text? Actually, looking at the
next paragraph this may be a moot point.

It is worth noting that whilst the user may be adding in extra
paragraphs
they wont be adding in any of their own cross references and shouldn't
be
deleting any existing ones.
[M. David Peterson] Ok, so in essence what you are looking at is a
possible increase in the paragraphs and as such an increase in the
paragraph numbering affecting the index for the entire document?  So
really, all you are trying to do is check the input to see if the number
of paragraphs has increased, and if so, adjust both the paragraph
numbering as well as the index itself with the updated information?

Does that make any more sense?
[M. David Peterson] If this is what you mean, then yes, it does.  Let me
know and we can take it from there.  I will mention that if this is what
you are looking for then yes, XSLT can do this... but you're in for a
good day if not more of coding to make it work right.

Look forward to your reply and discovering whether or not weve hit this
one on the head as of yet :)

Best regards,

<M:D/>
--