xsl-list

RE: Can one Use JavaScript to update XSL:Variables

2004-07-29 08:59:18
Of course Manuel, that would be more ideal; I see you're the PA for the
project, thanx for the pointer (I saw Sarissa mentioned in an earlier post
in this thread but I didn't pay much attention to it).

It doesn't remove the need to get the newer MSXML 4 or 5 installed on the
client, right?

Hm, I tried to download it but it doesn't let me - I'll try later...

Cheers,
<prs/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanouil Batsis [mailto:Emmanouil(_dot_)Batsis(_at_)eurodyn(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 10:50 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Can one Use JavaScript to update XSL:Variables

Pieter Reint Siegers Kort wrote:

You can use MSXML 4.0 or 5.0 if you can get it installed onto the
client machines, and then use version-spcific ProgID's (as opposed to
the non-version-specific ones, which are supplied for use of the
versions of MSXML in a side-by-side mode). Anyway, using less then
MSXML 3.0 is bad news because they do not conform to the W3C specs.

Javascript is ideal to pass the url params into your stylesheet. What
is your target browser?

To the OP: you may want to try out sarissa [1], as it provides an wrapper
that works around Mozilla and MSXML versions from 3 and up. The latest
version release yesterday even offers reusable stylesheet support.

[1] http://sarissa.sourceforge.net/

hth,

Manos