xsl-list

RE: Can one Use JavaScript to update XSL:Variables

2004-07-29 08:41:25
Hi Dave,

i was hoping my index.xml could parse the url.

It can't, at least not in the way you want. The XSL processor should parse
the url in your case, using Javascript to pass them into the processor.

I'd like to stick to XML/XSLT/JavaScript.

If you use client side processing, take into account that you're dependent
on the XSL processor installed on the client. If you target IE6, then
basically you can't use MSXML 4.0 because it doesn't come with IE6, but you
can use MSXML 3.0, only make sure you use the correct namespace:

version="1.0"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

For more info, go to:
http://www.perfectxml.com/articles/xml/XSLTInMSXML.asp
or Google "IE6 MSXML".

You can use MSXML 4.0 or 5.0 if you can get it installed onto the client
machines, and then use version-spcific ProgID's (as opposed to the
non-version-specific ones, which are supplied for use of the versions of
MSXML in a side-by-side mode). Anyway, using less then MSXML 3.0 is bad news
because they do not conform to the W3C specs.

Javascript is ideal to pass the url params into your stylesheet. What is
your target browser?

Cheers,
<prs/>