xsl-list

RE: Learning Tool for XPath?

2004-07-15 05:11:44
On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 12:09, David(_dot_)Pawson(_at_)rnib(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk
wrote:
    Does anybody know what happened to Fivesight's XPathTester?
    It's not available from their website for some time now.
    This tool has it's problems and limitations, but I consider
    it more useable than browser based solutions like the
    mentioned XPath Visualizer. I use it to teach XPath to my students.

What other packages does it need please?

The version I have is self-contained: it just needs Java.

As it appears to be covered by a license to copy, I have put
my copy at http://oimelc.ucc.ie/dtds/xpathtester_1_4_saxon.jar

$ java -jar xpathtester_1_4_saxon.jar

It has a habit of looking in strange places for DTDs, like the
directory the .jar file lives in, rather than the directory the
document instance lives in, but I think that was FiveSight's
unfamiliarity with convention. Otherwise it seems to work OK.

///Peter