xsl-list

RE: Referencing a lookup table

2004-07-12 02:02:29
If the context node is a <cover> element, you can reference the <desc> of
the corresponding <fund> element as

../../funds/fund[(_at_)code=current()/@fundcode]/desc

Michael Kay

P.S. It's better to think in terms of elements as nodes on a tree, not as
tags. Every element in XML has two tags, a start tag and an end tag, unless
it is written in the short form <a/>, in which case it only has a single
tag. XSLT processes nodes, not tags.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sips, Gregor [mailto:G(_dot_)Sips(_at_)zwitserleven(_dot_)nl]
Sent: 12 July 2004 08:59
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Referencing a lookup table

Hi !

I am relatively new in the world of XML and XSL, so my
problem has probably been adressed before. I have been
looking in the archive but couldn't find any solution.
Well, the point is that I have some XML-tags added to an
original XML message. The result looks like this:

<document>
   <!-- original tags -->
   <policy>
      <cover>
         <fundcode>1</fundcode>
         <amount>120</amount>
         <some_other_stuff/>
      </cover>
      <cover>
         <fundcode>2</fundcode>
         <amount>80</amount>
         <some_other_stuff/>
      </cover>
   </policy>
   <!-- addes tags -->
   <funds>
      <fund>
         <code>1</code>
         <desc>Fund 1</desc>
      </fund>
      <fund>
         <code>2</code>
         <desc>Fund 2</desc>
      </fund>
   </funds>
</document>

I want te create a XHTML where I select form the cover node
the funds including the corresponding description in the
added tags section.
I have been struggling with all kinds of combinations of
value-of and for-each elements but so far no result. Is there
anybody who can help me ?

Kind regards,
Gregor Sips
De in dit e-mailbericht verstrekte informatie (inclusief
attachments) is vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de
geadresseerde. Het gebruik door derden of het verstrekken aan
derden van deze informatie dan wel kopiëren van deze
informatie is niet toegestaan.
Vanwege de elektronische verzending kunnen er geen rechten
worden ontleend aan de informatie in dit bericht.
Dit e-mailbericht is gecontroleerd op aanwezigheid van
computervirussen.

The information provided in this e-mailmessage (including
attachments) is confidential and intended solely for the
adressee. The use by third-parties or the providing to
third-parties of this information or the copying of this
information is not allowed.
Because of the electronic sending no rights can be derived
from the information in this message.
This e-mailmessage has been checked for the presence of
computer viruses.