xsl-list

Re: interdependant dropdown lists

2004-08-16 08:21:19

Perhaps not quite what you had in mind, but an interesting alternative:

http://www.litotes.demon.co.uk/example_scripts/dependent_select.html

                      Matt Rich
                      <mattaios(_at_)pasteur        To:       Louis Jones
<lmj(_at_)pasteur(_dot_)fr>, xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
                      .fr>                     cc:
                                               Subject:  [xsl] interdependant
dropdown lists
                      08/16/2004 09:24
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      xsl-list

Hi!

I want do build a sytem of two dropdown lists in which the result of
the first selection will determine which set of values is proposed in
the second one.

I cannot catch the value of the first selection in a variable, because
it needs to be changed by the user.,
So I chose to use a key and its parameter.

<xsl:key name="GrouperParNbAttr"
match="requetes/requetespredef/requete"
use="count(attributes/attribute)"/>
    <xsl:param name="reqid" select="@id" />

This must give me the dropdown list of all requests which have a
certain number of conditions, and the id of these requests as
parameters

<form name="selectreq">
         <select size="1" name="requete">
       <xsl:for-each select="key('GrouperParNbAttr',1 )">
             <option> <xsl:value-of select="name"/></option>
       </xsl:for-each>
         </select>
         </form>

Once the user has chosen a request by clicking on it,  its id should be
displayed:

<b>ID </b>  <xsl:value-of select="$reqid"/>

..and the user must be given the choice between the conditions that
correspond to the request.

Is it possible without using Javascript?

Many thanks for any piece of info

Matt