xsl-list

Re: Passing a variable number of parameters?

2004-09-27 11:31:06
Jakob Fix <jakob(_dot_)fix(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

<xsl:variable name="params" select="document('params.xml')"/>

Well, in a multi-user environment this won't work, unless I create a
unique file for each request which is out of the question, and
impossible as the client in this application cannot create files on
the server.

it's not necessarily true that you need to create a file for each
request.  resolving names (e.g. 'params.xml') into input streams is
a somewhat murky affair, which can be a PITA but can also provide a
certain amount of flexibility.  I'm sure it depends on the toolset
you're using, but in the Java world you can set a custom URIResolver
before you start the transformation, and that resolver can do just
about anything it wants, and return anything you like.

--

joe