xsl-list

Where are xsl:messages sent in JAXP?

2004-09-22 11:19:35
Hi,

Sorry if this is not the forum to ask these questions.
 Please point me in the right direction if there is a
better place to ask this.

I would like to use the xsl:message feature to send
progress information back to a Swing UI while my XSL
is performing a transformation.  I was wondering if I
could hook my client code into the XSL Transform
object to receive messages sent from the XSL using
xsl:message?

I think I know the answer to this one, but is there a
way to hook the Transform API so I can ask for user's
input while transforming their document?  For example,
if I find some erroneous data it would be nice if I
could prompt the user and ask if it's ok if repair his
document.  A simple boolean returned from the user
back to the XSL script would suffice.  I might be able
to do it with a document() call.  Use a URIResolver to
hook the document() function, and return an XML
document like <true/> or <false/> back to the
stylesheet.  Sounds kinda hacky, but it could work.

Charlie