xsl-list

Re: Release Date vs. Highlight Until Date

2004-09-21 09:59:21

 //item

are you sure that you want to use // here (or anywhere) it is very
expensive causing a full search of the entire document for item
elements. If you know that the item elements are at a particular depth
using an explict path (or an xsl:key) is likely  to be quicker.

<!-- I am not sure how to make this one break out of the loop when $remaining
is hit -->

You can never "break out" of an xsl:for-each, the thing to do is just
not select the elements that you don't want to process.

I didn't fully follow your program logic but if this comment means that
you want to process all but the last $remaining nodes in the selection
then you can do

<xsl:for-each select="(...... whatever you had before)
           [position() &lt; last()-$remaining]">

David

http://www.star.net.uk