xsl-list

Re: Ideas for creating quotation collection

2004-09-19 00:16:51
Steffen Glückselig wrote:
And here is one of my problems: contains is case-sensitive. I'd like to catch all cases of case - ;-) - with one test. Is this possible?

Case conversion in XSLT 1.0 is done using translate(), see
 http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N1843.html
in the XSLT FAQ.

For a case insensitive containment test use something like
 test="contains(translate($tested-string,$lower,$upper),
                translate($contained-string,$lower,$upper))"
Declare $upper and $lower appropriately:
 <xsl:variable name="upper" select="'ABCDE...'"/>
 <xsl:variable name="upper" select="'abcde...'"/>
The values may contain non-ASCII characters, unfortunately,
you have to explicitely declare them all. For the few
multi-character case conversions like &szlig; -> SZ you
are out of luck.

There ought to be a FAQ entry for case-insensitive containment
test, Dave, do you have the URL at hand?

J.Pietschmann