xsl-list

Re: linux xslt debugger/ profiler

2004-09-10 04:59:41
On Friday 10 of September 2004 13:35, Michael Kay wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. It's worth checking to see how well
your XSLT processor handles a global variable of this kind of size.
(Compare the performance with using document()). With Saxon it will
certainly add significantly to the compile time and to the memory
used by the stylesheet, though the effect on execution time might
not be too bad. An alternative strategy is to pass the
configuration document to the stylesheet as a parameter at
run-time.

Michael Kay

XalanC and xsltrpoc under linux red hat 9 has no memory problem. I
have never tried saxon, because it is in java. But catchXSL with
saxon can't transform it. I will try some other software discuss in
this thread.

thx

--

S pozdravom,