xsl-list

Re: xml -> htmlhelp and character 8220

2004-11-11 16:14:28
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Geert Josten wrote:

Having investigated a bit further, I see there are three possibly relevant encoding variables, htmlhelp.encoding, chunker.output.encoding and saxon.character.representation. I'm not sure how they relate to each other...

I'm not very familiar with the settings of the docbook stylesheets, but I don't see you specify iso-8859-1. Is there an xsl:output setting somewhere?

There isn't. HTML output is implicit in context, and up till now I have let the output encoding be implicit too (given that we're generating HTML help for Windoze). The input encoding is specified in the input xml files.

Thanks very much for your help. But I'm coming to the conclusion this is a bug (or at least a feature regression) in the xsl stylesheets. It seems that any required character re-encoding should be implicit from the context

  iso-8859-1 xml input -> Windows html help output

and should be handled correctly without the user having to specify up to 4 encoding variables. And this did happen OK with the earlier release of the stylesheets.

Allin Cottrell