xsl-list

RE: Collapsing run-on tag chains not working in saxon or xa lan

2004-11-03 14:39:27
And if you use preserveWhiteSpace=true when loading the XML?
Or using the msxsl.exe wrapper in a COM object, or an ActiveX control?
That should do the job I think.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 4:06 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Collapsing run-on tag chains not working in saxon or xa
lan

On the client there is a way, using version-specific MSXML class
instances.

If you are calling msxml from script on the client there isn't a problem. If
you are not, I don't see how changing teh default version of msxml can help,
they all default to whitespace stripping. As I said before it is mainly the
xml-stylesheet API that is broken by this.

But that restricts you to having to be able to control the client
machines, in this case probably only Intranets where you can control
which MSXML each client has installed, or extranets where you ask each
client to install say MSXML 4.0 prior to running your application.

msxml4 strips white space just like its predecessors.

David