xsl-list

RE: no attributes outputed when chaining transformations

2004-12-16 04:55:30

Hello,
maybe someone can shed some light on this one:

If I follow the xalan Pipe or UseXMLFilters samples and chain
together
my transformations I do not get the same result as when I
perform these
transformations separately, i.e. If I do A -> B and then B->C  in two
separate steps then I get my desired result. However If I do
A->B->C by
chaining I do not get the same result as above.
Specifically when I use chaining I do not see any attributes, in any
element that should have attributes. Other than that the results are
identical.

Can anyone think why this may happen? I can also post my
input xml and
xsl files if that would help.

Not much to go on here, but it could be that if you generating SAX
events from the result of A->B for the input of transformation C, you
are creating a new AttributesImpl() object instead of using the existing
object (typically 'atts') in the startElement() call.  It would be less
wild speculaton if you posted the method that chains the transforms :)

cheers
andrew