xsl-list

Re: XSLT documentation extracxtion tool

2004-12-02 09:59:26
Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

On Dec 2, 2004, at 9:22 AM, Ondrej Rohlik wrote:

We recently made our internally used documenting tool publicly available through xsltdoc.sf.net.

If I used this tool to document my stylesheets, would that added code have any performance impact when actually running that code?

Bruce

Normaly NO. However, since the documentation is embedded inside the XSL source files, I can imagine scenario where there is an influence. Consider very large xsl script (many magabytes). Then you may be short of memory. As far as I know this is a common problem to all other tools imilar to ours. Of course, you may use simple XSL that gives rid of the documentation elements (all with namespace http://www.pnp-software.com/XSLTdoc). This may also be useful if you want to ship out your XSL code without your documentation.

Cheers,
Ondrej