xsl-list

Re: accessing parent element in if clause

2005-01-20 05:06:38
If you just wanted to match the node which has the definition as a parent,
you could do with
<xsl:template match="node[parent::definition]">
I assumed that 'node' is a  physical node in your XML ...or did you mean
node() to say any node which has a parent called definition??
HTH
vasu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rahil Qamar Yahoo" <qamar_rahil(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 12:01 PM
Subject: [xsl] accessing parent element in if clause

Hi

Im sure its a fairly basic question for most but Im just starting out on
XSLT and cant find any resources to solve my problem.

I want to perform an operation based on an 'if' clause as shown below

-----------------------------------
<xsl:template match="/">
    <PrimeConcept><xsl:apply-templates
select="/archetype/definition/node"/>
    </PrimeConcept>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="node">
    <xsl:if test="parent::node()=definition">
        <xsl:attribute name="id"><xsl:value-of
select="@id"/></xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:attribute name="type"><xsl:value-of
select="@rm_class"/></xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

Theres a problem with the <xsl:if> statement where Im trying to
determine whether the <node> element is the child of the <definition>
element. I think theres a problem in the way Im trying to access the
parent node but cant figure out the right way.

Could someone please help.

Thanks
Rahil

--~--