xsl-list

RE: unexpected <TD> tags

2005-01-20 04:36:17

Hi,
    Thanks for all your help. Your suggestion that I should prepare an
example did the trick. The extra tags no longer appear in my result.

Regards,
Omprakash.V

                    "Michael Kay"

                    <mike(_at_)saxonic        To:
<xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>

                    a.com>               cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)

                                         Subject:     RE: [xsl] unexpected <TD>
tags
                    01/20/2005

                    03:51 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    xsl-list

Iam attaching a snippet of the erroneous output and stylesheet below:

I think that to help you with this rather strange transformation we need to
see the full stylesheet and source document. There are some weird things in
these snippets, like namespace URIs in the W3C domain that have never been
defined by W3C, so who knows what even weirder things might be in the bits
you've left out.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

XSL output

                  <x:template xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org";
match="course">
                     <x:template>
                        <TR
xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
                           <TR>
                              <TR>
                                 <x:apply-templates xmlns:x
="http://www.w3.org"; select="*">
                                    <x:with-param name="path" select
="/person/course"/>
                                 </x:apply-templates>
                                 <TD width="13%">
                                    <P valign="center"/>
                                 </TD>
                              </TR>

My stylesheet snippet

<xsl-if test="some condition">
<xsl:element name="x:template">
<xsl:attribute name="match">
<xsl:value-of select="@name" />
</xsl:attribute>
<!-- Note: xsl:element not closed here -->

some xslt instructions here including many
<xsl:apply-templates>

</xsl:element>
</xsl-if>

Is this correct. How would I make my x:template wrap the html + xslt
instructions Iam generating. I still have many unaccounted
for <TR>s which
I  would like removed. BTW, Iam transforming from xsl to xsl itself.

Regards,
Omprakash.V

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential
information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been
misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of
reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message,
contents or its attachment other than by its intended
recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in

--~--

--~--