xsl-list

Re: keyed lookup table

2005-02-17 12:47:32
David Carlisle writes:
You should have mentioned you were using 2.0.:-)

I'll remember next time.

I was hoping I could access that table via a key:

    <xsl:key name="language-code" match="name" use="@code"/>

yes you could, assuming namespaces match up.

Which namespaces?  I don't see how that could be a problem, since the
original expression ($language-table/name[(_at_)code='de']) has no namespace
prefix and works fine.

that I would access with this expression:
    key('language-code', 'de', $stylesheet)"/>

 given:

    <xsl:variable name="stylesheet" select="document('')"/>

no don't do that, although it ought to work, it causes the stylesheet to
be re-parsed. In 2.0 you can query into variables so you can just use
$language-table  instead of $stylesheet.

I'm sure that's what I tried first, and that it failed.  But on your
advice I just tried it again, and it works.  So my test must have been
buggered somehow.

I'd guess it's a namespace problem.

Or operator error.  :-/  Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
--
Kevin