xsl-list

RE: Bug in Schema for XSLT 2.0?

2005-02-16 03:43:22

I feel, if XSLT 2.0 spec provides an accurate XML
schema for the language, it is a very useful thing. It
can server as a grammer checker for the XSLT
language(for e.g to XSLT processor writers). It would
also be very useful for providing intellisense support
in XSLT editors. I have named 2 uses.. There may be
more..

It's also a good quality check for schema processors...

Seriously, the main role is to provide a more formal definition of some of
the rules in the body of the specification. Although it's non-normative,
experience shows that this can often be useful for resolving ambiguities and
uncertainties. Saying things twice in two different ways often makes things
clearer, and if there's a contradiction, we've made it clear which statement
takes priority.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/