xsl-list

RE: Bug in Schema for XSLT 2.0?

2005-02-15 05:18:28
Quoting Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>:

The right place for this comment is public-qt-comments(_at_)w3(_dot_)org

However, I believe the schema is correct (we certainly put a lot of effort
into getting this part correct, which is known to be tricky.)

Ok, it really seems to be correct. I stumbled across this, while trying
to use a
Data Binding Tool (Apache XMLBeans) to generate Java sources from this
schema. I
then checked the schema specs, but I neglected this difficult sentence, you
quoted.

[...]

Don't blame me for that sentence!

Thanks for your explanation, now I understand what it should mean. :)

Reputable schema processors such as Xerces, XSV, and Saxon all accept this
schema.

Sadly, many other tools do not cover the whole schema specification,
which make
them more or less useless in combination whith an advanced schema as defined
for XSLT 2.

Peter Gerstbach