xsl-list

RE: scripts in xslt

2005-02-14 16:03:57
Hi Prasad,

I would like to use javascript and asp in my xsl stylesheet.

You cannot use asp in your stylesheet. And if the result is (x)html with
extension .htm(l) then it neither will be executed on the client. Asp is
typically used (in xml/xslt scenarios) to generate or load an xml input,
load or create an existing stylesheet, perform one or more XSLTs, and return
the result to the browser. If you want to generate dynamic asp pages as
xxx.asp, then you must use <%= ... %> or <% ... %> inside CDATA sections or
use d-o-e like David C. pointed out.

You neither can use Javascript in your stylesheet other than using
extensions. But I guess you'd like to use it to do something in the browser
like handling UI aspects and behaviour?

Cheers,
<prs/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Prasad Akella [mailto:avlnprasad(_at_)web(_dot_)de]
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:24 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] scripts in xslt

hello,

I would like to use javascript and asp in my xsl stylesheet. i am working on
transforming xforms to xhtml but am facing problems integrating my script
with xsl. any  help in the form of simple code as to how to call a script or
links to understanding the same is needed. i have tried with containers but
its not so easy as i want javascript in xsl or xsl in javascript sometimes
to intervene certain conditions. is there any possibility. please help

with regards,
prasad