xsl-list

Re: scripts in xslt

2005-02-12 09:04:25

I would like to use javascript and asp in my xsl stylesheet.

If by this you mean that you are writing out an html file taht will
contain script and asp instruuctions then there is nothing special that
needs to be done in XSLT the script is just element content as far as
xslt is concerned, it doesn't execite until the result document is
rendered by a browser after XSLt has finished. The only thing that needs
care is if you need ASP templating <%...%> notation which may require
yto use disable-output-escaping.

If you want to actually execute javascript from within the sty;lesheet
then on most systems that is not possible (most XSLT engines fo not
include a javascript interpretter) although you can use an extension
function to achieve this in some systems (eg msxml).

David