xsl-list

RE: Transformation of

2005-02-11 10:22:33
Hi,

You mean you have placeholders for various variables inside the main
variable? Then use parameters to fill them in when running your stylesheet.

HTH,
<prs/>

-----Original Message-----
From: news(_at_)swisslab(_dot_)de [mailto:news(_at_)swisslab(_dot_)de]
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 5:21 AM
To: 'xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] Transformation of

Hello List,

I have the following XML in form of a variable:

input:
<XML>
        <item>vlue</item>
        <item>%special value%</item>
        <item>vlue</item>
        <item>%special value%</item>
        <unkown_items/>
        <unkown_items/>
</XML>

I want to transform the variable into another variable, having all <item>s
values which contain a '%' changed into other values. (like "super special
value" instead of "%special value%") My problem is, that there are planty of
unknown items in the variable that I dont know and that might change. But I
want the XML structure to stay as it is, and just replace some items values.

output:
<XML>
        <item>vlue</item>
        <item>super special value</item>