xsl-list

Re: break or exit in xsl?

2005-03-07 19:55:29
Hello Dimitre,
  I don't mind your remarks.. My primary objective is
to *learn* from the questions and answers on the
list..

But I'll take your advice seriously.. "to check and
re-check my statements.."

I owe a debt to many people on XSL-List from whom I
have learnt a lot..

Regards,
Mukul

--- Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Dear Mukul,

Judging from the "important things" you say about
XSLT, it seems to me
that you have seriously neglected your reading.

Recently you have been generating a lot of
non-high-quality traffic on
this list and this has long ago stopped being even
amusing.

Please, make use of the facility that M.D. Peterson
has kindly made
available -- at http://practice.xsltwiki.com where
anyone can write
*incorrect and incomplete* content.

In this thread you have made once again a number of
false statements:

    'the "select attribute" of for-each selects a
    subtree with the original tree.. '

1. The "select" attribute doesn't select, but even
if it "selected" it
wouldn't be a "subtree" in the general case.

2. The node-set specified by the XPath expression in
the "select"
attribute may generally contain nodes from more than
one document.

3. It is possible that none of these nodes is from
"the original tree".

So just in one short sentence you managed to pack
three false statements.

Not to speak about the new "definitions" invented by
you:

  'So it is sequential processing from "document
order
  point of view"..'

This demonstrates a complete lack of understanding
even basic concepts.
"Processing" and "sequential processing" are
meaningful concepts only
if "time" is defined.

"Document order" is completely independent of
"time". Therefore,
document order cannot impose sequential processing.

May I ask you again to check and re-check your
statements and better,
before writing read good books on XPath and XSLT and
ask other people
off-list if what you're going to present as an
absolute truth about
XSLT is really correct?

Dimitre Novatchev.