xsl-list

Re: break or exit in xsl?

2005-03-07 19:12:20
Mukul,

Dear Mukul,

Judging from the "important things" you say about XSLT, it seems to me
that you have seriously neglected your reading.

Recently you have been generating a lot of non-high-quality traffic on
this list and this has long ago stopped being even amusing.

<snip>
<<<

I'm very new to this (or any other) XSL list, and *I* was startled reading the personal semi-riot-act above; I can only imagine you were at least as, oh, shall we say startled.

As a note to myself the poster does bring up some valid points--"chatter"-mail (to the list) to say "thank you" to a specific person, and just to say "I agree with you" to another. Then there's the matter of imprecisely-used technical jargon. Send personal mail to the person, and learn the jargon. Again, this is a note to self.

That said perhaps you could be gracious and not point out that the poster's claim that "sequence" [always] implies time

"This demonstrates a complete lack of understanding even basic concepts. "Processing" and "sequential processing" are meaningful concepts only if "time" is defined."

is ridiculous. As far as I know sequences may, yes, be temporal, but also mathematical, spatial, musical, poetic, ad nauseum. It can also just mean a plain ole' "ordering". I'm sure you're far too gracious to wonder whether this demonstrates the poster's complete lack of understanding of the English language. SO learn the basics, bla bla bla.

:-)

--A