xsl-list

Re: Separating XSLT 1 and 2 help?

2005-03-02 14:29:52
Right, sometimes i read solutions to problems i'll have the next day :)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:49:30 -0500, Mulberry Technologies List Owner
<xsl-list-owner(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:
At 5:09 PM -0600 3/1/05, Pieter Reint Siegers Kort wrote:
Now there's some common sense comment but is also taken from the point of
view of the others that responded - I said "specific".

I know you did. I understood your suggestion, I thought about it,
and I disagree.  Discussions on XSL-List serve at least two functions;
the original poster gets a question answered and other people learn
what sorts of questions people have (and by implication, the things
they are doing with XSL) and how the questions can be addressed.
A list specific to XSLT 2, that addressed only questions that the
poster knew were about XSLT 2, might serve the first function very
well, but I think it would erode the ability of the list to serve
the second function.

This second function, general education of people interested in
XSL, seems be a very valuable function of XSL-List; I get messages
from lurkers regularly who tell me how much they learn simply by
reading the list.

-- Tommie
B. Tommie Usdin
mailto:btusdin(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
--~--