xsl-list

RE: following-sibling and xsl:sort

2005-04-27 13:08:19
I am having troubles with following-sibling and wondering if I am
doing something wrong.  I'm expecting that the following-sibling will
result in the next (sorted) element, but it appears that it is not.

Two nodes are siblings if they are children of the same parent node. When
nodes are sorted, they do not change their parent, so they don't change
their siblings either. Nodes can participate in many sequences, but only in
one tree, and the axes always reflect their position in the tree, not their
position in a particular sequence.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/