xsl-list

RE: Should XSLT be used to generate a plain text document?

2005-04-26 12:39:19
Chris,

I use XSLT to generate text files.  These are EDI flat-data files.

I posted a brief introduction to my project a couple days ago:

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200504/msg01144.html

I'd be happy to go into more detail if you want.

Just for clarifiation, my data files are not for human consumption, as your
output seems to indicate.  So your approach will likely be different.

The key is to use the instruction:

<xsl:output method="text" />

This must go directly under the stylesheet declaration.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help at all.

--Jim