xsl-list

Re: Total number of pages with XSL-FO

2005-04-21 09:13:31

Actually, I am using Antenna house, it does support keep-with-previous ,
and I just thought about that 5 mins ago.  I will try after lunch.

Nadia Swaby

                      JBryant(_at_)s-s-t(_dot_)co

                      m                        To:
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

                                               cc:

of pages with XSL-FO
                      Please respond

                      to xsl-list

That'd be great, Jirka, but Nadia is using FOP (if I recall correctly),
and the current version of FOP only supports keeps on tables.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Jirka Kosek <jirka(_at_)kosek(_dot_)cz>
04/21/2005 10:59 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] Total number of pages with XSL-FO

JBryant(_at_)s-s-t(_dot_)com wrote:
From a few messages ago:
If you want to be absolutely sure that content appears on the last page,
put the last block that has content and the empty block into a table
that
has two rows (one for each block). Then set keep-with-next="always" on
the
first row. That way, the empty block can never be on a page by itself.

Wouldn't it be easier to do just:

<fo:block id="last-page" line-height="0" keep-with-previous="always"/>

There will not be need to surround last block in document with the
table. (I'm assuming that FO processor supports keep-with-next, which is
not case for FOP.)

   Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka(_at_)kosek(_dot_)cz     http://www.kosek.cz
--~--