xsl-list

Re: XSL-FO & Selecting Attributes

2005-04-20 10:17:09
I don't want to presume to speak for David, but I feel I should point
out that the "fixed" code has been posted twice now.  Of course, there
may be a delay on my end and it may not have made it to the list.  In
that case there will just be three instances of the fixed code.

Try this stylesheet:
<xsl:template match="Item">
<fo:block>
<xsl:value-of select="@Sector"/>
<xsl:apply-templates />
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Item/*">
<fo:block>
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Item/image">
<fo:block>
<fo:external-graphic src="url({.})"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

I ran it and it produces the following output:

<fo:block>Agriculture
<fo:block>Poor Farmers Relief Fund</fo:block>
<fo:block>A Consultation on ...</fo:block>
<fo:block>05.01.04</fo:block>
<fo:block>20.02.04</fo:block>
<fo:block>04/1245</fo:block>
<fo:block><fo:external-graphic src="url(image.jpg)"/></fo:block>
</fo:block>

I have no idea what the rest of your stylesheet looks like, so I can't
comment if there is an error from another template that will let you
produce correct xsl-fo output (ie somethingl like
<xsl:template match="/">
<fo:root>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</fo:root>
</xsL:template>

or set up namespaces properly ect.

How about posting the errors that you get?  We might be able to
identify the problem that is occurring.

Jon Gorman