xsl-list

Re: Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content

2005-04-13 12:25:03

Sorry, I am still a little new to this and I had some trouble understanding this response to my post.

your best bet is to remove all <p/>'s and then apply text() matching
template that wraps text with <p/>, along with a blockquote template
that just copies itself.

If I understand this correctly, the text between two block quotes would be treated the same as a simple plain paragraph. I don't think, however, this will work because I would lose the attributes of the xml tagged paragraphs. My source xml contains paragraphs that contain a number attribute, as well as other inline tagging for italics, footnotes, etc.

For example:

Yackity Yack Yack</paragraph>

I read the previous posts under the subject line "Transformation problem tei > xhtml" but I also had trouble understanding either of the suggested solutions.

Sorry, if I need a little too much hand holding but can someone explain how I would do this and how the suggested code would actually work?

I am basically trying to convert a basic document with standard features such as italic, footnotes, blockquotes, bullet lists etc. to XHTML. I would have thought that these basic issues would have been tackled numerous times by now. But every time I google these issues before posting questions to lists or forums, I can't find anything comparable. Most XML-related tutorials and books seem to assume use of more data-type information (without much mixed content), rather than document-type information.

In short, I would be happy to learn more before posting if anyone can point me toward any XML resources for dealing with actual document text issues?